Social Media Quantity vs. Quality0
Some people say when using social media it isn’t about the quantity it’s about the quality. Why can’t you have the best of both worlds? Why must you limit your opportunities for achievement? There are billions of people on Earth and over 500 million of them have a Facebook Account. Who wouldn’t want 500 million opt-in email addresses? Come on even the most humble person thinks… what would I do with 500 million opt-in email addresses? In the era of social media for business it’s about the right mix of quantity and quality.
You don’t have to select quantity over quality or quality over quantity. If you’re in business or marketing a social cause the goal is often to engage as many people in your target audience as possible. In doing this you allow for the natural progression of quantity and quality to take place.
For social media quantity and quality do the following:
- Define your message
- Identify your target audience
- Create one or a mix of social media profiles, websites or blogs and link them together
- Create an opt-in email campaign similar to the one at the bottom of this blog post
- Engage your target audience
- Add a tremendous amount of value to your audience and don’t let up
- Depending on your audience use a mix of text, audio and video
- Include social media forwarding tools or widgets
As always I look forward to reading your comments below before you go.