Social Media Tips0
Social media means different things to different people. Some people use social media to improve their social life. Some people use social media because it’s a cool way to pass time, find funny stuff or be exposed to motivational messages. Some people use it to build their personal brand.
Companies may use social media as part of their overall marketing strategy while others use it to interact with their target audience, provide a better client experience and sell products and services.
Whatever the reason for using social media there aren’t many hard and fast rules that are applicable across the board. Many rules of social media etiquette and engagement are related to if you’re a business or individual and the industry you may be in. For instance, how an airline engages it’s audience will be very different from how a landscaper interacts with its’ audience.
Below are a few tips that may help you better use social media whatever your reason for being on.
- For branding purposes use the same photo on all your social media profiles.
- Include a link on your profiles where people may learn more about your brand.
- It’s as much about quantity as it is quality. You may have the best of both worlds.
- Social media may help you increase brand awareness, generate warm leads and increase revenue.
- Social media may help you get questions answered quickly, do market research and develop new ideas.
- Social media may help you reduce fear of online dating and expand your pool of love interest candidates.
- Social media may give you something constructive to do with your time, expand your network and find a job.
- Social media may help you promote your blog, website or irresistible offer
- Don’t call yourself a social media expert if you aren’t very social.
- Don’t call yourself a social media expert and you have a relatively low follower and friend count.
- Social media experts provide an abundance of value to the community.
- Connect your friends and followers it will keep you in the loop.
- Create a simple system for storing and retrieving usernames and passwords.
- Make a hard copy of really important data. It doesn’t hurt to have such a backup.
- Don’t get emotionally tied to anyone social media site.
- Above all be yourself.
For tips on having a greater level of impact, engaging and gaining more followers on Twitter you’ll want to read the Twitter Resource Book.
As always thank you for visiting an commenting. I really enjoy reading your feedback on each post.